I am a mother of 3 children with 2 of them living with Chiari along with myself.

I have 3 wonderful children (well sometimes lol) that I have been honored to be the mother of. My oldest son is named Chase and is 19 and I am so grateful a very healthy young man. My middle child is Makenzie who is 15 and has been suffering with many health issues since she was a baby. Breanna is the baby and is a spoiled 10 year old. She also has suffered with many issues since she was a baby. I also have this horrible birth defect called Arnold Chiari Malformation. I pray for a cure or a fix to this.

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Not a good start to the New Year!

Well on New Years Eve my step fathers brother lost his battle with cancer.  Then on Tuesday morning of this week my mom's brothers wife died!  On 1-13-11 their daughter is having brain surgery for a tumor that maybe cancer.  Today my youngest daughter was scheduled for a spinal tap.  Of course after waiting 2 weeks for an appointment she barely has a headache!  So to try and bring it on worse she ran around and jumped for 20 minutes.  It did not seem to help.  They took her in for the procedure and   went to the waiting area.  I knew if her pressure was in what they considered normal (15-20) even if it was at the top they would do nothing to help her.  So I prayed and asked God that if she truly had Psuedotumor still and needed a shunt that I needed him to take control.  I asked that if it was needed that her pressure needed to show at least 21 or more and it was 21!  So He answered my prayers.  I do not want her to have a shunt but if that's what she needs I needed it to be no problems.  Also the neurosurgeon says that when they are sedated that it brings the pressure down by 10 points so its possible that her my pressure was closer to 31.  I am so tired and I just want to go to bed.  Makenzie went to bed as soon as we got home, got up to eat chili and then went back to bed.  She is not doing well at all.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment